Friday, December 21, 2012

home

Sometimes, in the rush and tumble of the holiday season, it's easy to forget how much I love this little corner of Pennsylvania. 



Where else can I spin down the road to a read a book next to a rushing waterfall, or step out of the house and jog less than 400 meters to a 140-mile river trail?

How many other places are surrounded by acres and acres of silent forest waiting to be unicycled?


Where else would my cat be so happy hanging out next to a milk crate and a broken heater?

And how many other places are only a short hike away from the site of George Washington's most embarrassing battle?



But of course I can't forget to mention the most important blessing of home - the food (and the wonderful lady who prepares it).


Not created by my mother, there's also the Christmastime cookie fort... designed by Montana and baked gluten-free so I could nibble at the extra scraps.  

It's nice to be back.


1 comment:

  1. Truly acknowledging all the small, yet special things in life...nice. If Western Pennsylvania had a blog, it'd probably write the same about you.

    ReplyDelete