Tuesday, March 13, 2012

fish and chips... not a fan

Last night the folks at Victoria University's res life program had a free fish and chip dinner for the apartments on my block. If you're from the Land of the Free, fish and chips = battered fried fish and french fries wrapped in a paper bag.


I chose the gluten-free option, which was veggie pizza. But I stole a bunch chips because I'm undernourished. They were overwhelmingly greasy and - to my American palate - quite under-salted. I used lots of ketchup. The other kids picked at their greasy whitefish, which might have been cod. It looked a little limp. I wasn't upset that I missed out.

I walked away from the dinner feeling oily and heavy. My run this morning was extra hilly to make up for all the saturated fat squishing around in my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment